ABOUT: This one-day CME-accredited symposium allows cardiac health care professionals to learn recent advances in the management of cardiovascular disease patients from leading experts in the field.
OBJECTIVES: Attendees will leave able to:
- IDENTIFY novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for cardiac amyloid.
- DEFINE the risk factors for spontaneous coronary artery dissection.
- IDENTIFY appropriate patients with cardiovascular disease for cardiac rehabilitation.
- RECOGNIZE the risk factors for cardiac arrest in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM).
- IDENTIFY appropriate candidates for pharmacologic therapy to lower cholesterol in line with the new cholesterol management guidelines.
- RECOGNIZE the role of transcatheter mitral valve therapies to improve outcomes in patients with congestive heart failure.
- UNDERSTAND the rationale for considering physiologic forms of pacing, the concept of His bundle pacing, and the current data supporting the use of His bundle pacing in clinical practice.
- PHYSICIANS: Hartford HealthCare is accredited by the Connecticut State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Hartford HealthCare designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s).™ Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- ADVANCE PRACTICE PROVIDERS & OTHERS: Those participating in this CME activity will receive educational Contact Hours, verifying the activity was designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- NURSES: Nurses seeking contact hours are able to submit CME credits to their approved board for transfer of CME credits to nursing contact hours.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION: To receive continuing medical education (CME) credits/educational contact hours, participants must sign in and provide a valid e-mail address. An e-mail link will be sent containing information and directions on how to claim your credits electronically.
- FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING CONTINUING EDUCATION: Please contact Hartford HealthCare’s CME Department at [email protected] or 860.972.5816.
TUITION: Includes symposium materials, breakfast, coffee, lunch, and refreshments throughout the day. Register early. Space is limited. Tickets purchased before 7/2/19 received a $15 discount off the indicated base price. Day-of registrants (those purchasing 10/2/19) will be charged an additional $25 per ticket.
EVENT BROCHURE: bit.ly/CVSymp19Brochure
FOR COMPLETE DETAILS: www.hartfordcvsymposium.org